SmartTouch supports both Multi-DNC and machine monitoring applications on the shop floor with two-way communications.
Spectrum CNC Technologies has announced the release of SmartTouch. The intelligent interface is designed to provide machine operators with easy touchscreen access to Multi-DNC files and serves as a feedback loop for job status information. Operators can report parts count, downtime reasons and more. Customizable one-touch buttons make feedback fast and easy.
SmartTouch supports both Multi-DNC and machine monitoring applications on the shop floor. SmartTouch can be configured to support individual job status feedback from operators as well as electronic parts count. All shop floor DNC files and functions, as well as customized monitoring feedback, are accessed through SmartTouch.
SmartTouch serves as a shop floor interface for Multi-DNC software, providing machine communications and control. Multi-DNC software, coupled with communication hardware, networks CNC machines and robots. It supports CNC communications for uploading, downloading and dripfeeding. Multi-DNC manages CNC programs, offsets and parameters and can automatically capture probe data. The software includes a secure edit function, backplotter and file compare feature.
SmartTouch serves as an operator feedback interface for Multi-MDC Machine Monitoring, a browser based real-time machine monitoring system that automatically collects machine output data to an MS-SQL database. Real-time dashboards and production reports display shop floor manufacturing data, including OEE, cycle, alarm, spindle, tool usage, idle, set-up, teardown, machine downtime and more. SmartTouch provides one-touch "reasons" feedback for associated machine status reporting. Reasons feedback buttons can be customized to individual shop processes.
- Monitor: Cycle, spindle, waiting, idle, alarm and parts count
- Graphical Production Dashboard: tells the operator what the machines are doing, right now. Users can customize their production dashboard views with up to 76 different items, such as part name, CNC operator, cycle, alarm, parts count and OEE.
- History Reports: Track OEE, machine utilization, cycle time vs. downtime, parts count, tool history and more
- Production Details Report: Displays machine and spindle utilization, cycle time vs. downtime, per cycle detail, parts count and downtime reasons
- Andon Dashboard: Shows real-time machine status
- Parts Count - Stay on Target: Receive real-time alerts if a machine or work cell is above or below its projected parts count
- Escalating Alerts: Email or text alerts are automatically sent based on user defined parameters. For example, if a machine is not in cycle for X minutes that could trigger an alert. If the same machine is still not in cycle after an additional X minutes, subsequent alerts can be sent.
- Production Summary Report: Shows times for cycle, spindle, idle, alarms and parts count, plus OEE
- Alarm History: Shows how many alarms have occurred, when and the total time lost in alarm
- Tool History: Reports on tool usage per part.
SmartTouch, Multi-DNC software and the Multi-MDC Machine Monitoring application are all connected to the shop floor via a wireless and wired network made possible by WiBox communication hardware. Wi-Box provides shop owners the flexibility to easily network all of their machines, add or remove machines or reconfigure their shop floor without the need to run cable.
For more information contact:
Spectrum CNC Technologies
130 Industrial Way, Unit A
Corona, CA 92882
877-882-6362 / 951-549-0755